Scene II: Hospitalization (住院治療)
The nurse is explaining dialysis therapy to the patient.
(中譯) 護士正在為病患解釋透析手術。
N: Nurse P: Patient
P: | Nurse, the doctor has told me that I have to go on dialysis for the rest of my life. Is it true? |
(中譯) 護士,醫生告訴我,我必須洗腎一輩子。是真的嗎? | |
N: | Yes, your kidney is damaged, and its function is now less than 10%. Dialysis is what you need. |
(中譯) 是的,你的腎臟被損害,而且腎功能現在已經低於百分之十,所以你需要洗腎。 | |
P: | Can't I just take medication instead of going on dialysis? |
(中譯) 我不能服用藥物來代替洗腎嗎? | |
N: | Sorry, medicine won't help now. You need dialysis to eliminate waste and extra water. |
(中譯) 對不起,現在藥物已經沒用了。你需要洗腎來消除廢物和積水。 | |
P: | I don't understand. |
(中譯) 我不懂。 | |
N: | Without dialysis, toxins will accumulate in your body. |
(中譯) 不洗腎,毒素將會累積在你體內。 | |
P: | Is there any other way besides dialysis? |
(中譯) 除了洗腎,沒有別的方法嗎? | |
N: | Yes, renal transplantation is also an option. |
(中譯) 是的,腎臟移植也是個選擇。 | |
P: | But where can I find a healthy kidney for transplantation? |
(中譯) 但是我在哪裡能找到健康的腎臟來移植? | |
N: | It's possible to get a kidney from a living donor or from one who is brain dead. |
(中譯) 從活的或腦死的捐贈者可能可以得到腎臟。 | |
P: | Is organ donation popular? |
(中譯) 器官捐贈普遍嗎? | |
N: | Not really. Dialysis is still the most common therapy. |
(中譯) 不,洗腎仍然普遍的治療方式。 | |
P: | I've heard people talk about a belly wash and a vessel wash. What's the difference between the two? |
(中譯) 我有聽見人家在說洗肚子和洗血管,這兩者有何不同? | |
N: | A belly wash is dialysis through the abdomen, and a vessel wash is done through blood vessels. |
(中譯) 洗肚子是洗腎經過腹部,而洗血管是經過血管。 | |
P: | I see. How do I know which therapy I need? |
(中譯) 我懂了。我怎樣才知道我適合哪種治療方式呢? | |
N: | I'll arrange for you to observe these two types of dialysis. Then, you can discuss them with your doctor. |
(中譯) 我將會安排你去觀看這兩種洗腎方式,然後你可以和你的醫生討論。 | |
P: | Thank you. |
(中譯) 謝謝你。 |